(updated March 2011)
Currently located in Ljubljana, Slovenia, but open to moving anywhere in the world.
Social media profiles
- Twitter: twitter.com/gandalfar
- Personal blog: http://www.jurecuhalev.com/blog
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jurecuhalev
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jure.cuhalev
HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for creating and managing Online Communities for companies and non-profits.
- Responsible for event organization and running community driven events like BarCamps (100+ participants), Hack/Developer Events (20+ developers) and on-going weekly events (40+ people).
- Experience in Usability and User Experience design.
- Knowledge of surveying and survey methodology.
- Worked with and founded a number of Open Source projects. Understanding of social dynamics involved.
- Responsible for presenting projects at conferences and community events.
- Excellent IT knowledge of Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Experience with current social media networks such as Twitter and FaceBook and the tools around them.
- Ongoing testing and experience with latest developments in “Web 2.0″ space, esp. blogging and social media.
RELEVANT SKILLS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Organized global community of bloggers (30k+) for Zemanta as well as presented company at a number of different international conferences and events. (2007 – present)
- Co-founded and co-organized BarCampLjubljana1 and BarCampLjubljana2 (2009), both had 100+ participants
- Founded and organized WebCampLjubljana (2009), one day event with 150+ web experts
- Multiple BarCamp inspired events: MobileCamp Ljubljana (2010, 200+ participans), RealTime WebCamp Ljubljana (2010, 50+ participants), MobileCamp:Android Ljubljana (2011, 25+ participants)
- Guest speak ar Faculty for Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, New Media and Internet technologies (2009 – present)
- Designed UX and implemented initial fronted widget for Zemanta. (2007-2008)
- Teaching assistant at ECPR Summer school (2006, 2008)
- Managed a team that developed biggest Slovenian car-pooling community – Prevoz.org (2004-present)
- Responsible for community management and feature design for Slo-Tech, biggest Slovenian IT community/forum (2001-present)
- Founder of Kiberpipa’s weekly Open Source lectures. Presented numerous times as well as organized for 2 years. (2004-2006)
- Developed localized LiveCD based Linux distribution for Slo-Tech (2002-2004)
- Developed Python based GUI interface for creation of LiveCD’s within the Morphix Open Source project (2003-2004)
- 1st place, best Open Source application, Slovenian Ministry for Information Society (2004)
- 2nd place, best Open Source application, Slovenian Ministry for Information Society, (2003)
- 3rd place, Balkan Case Challange , ICT competition (2006)
- User Experience Expert and Community Manager at Zemanta (July 2007 – September 2009)
- Project Manager and developer at Prevoz.org (December 2004 – present)
- Speaker, developer, organizer and advisor at Kiberpipa, NGO – multimedia space (2006 – present)
- Bachelor – Social Science and Informatics at University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (2003 – 2008)
- Master courses- Human computer interaction and Entrepreneurship at Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Sweden (2007)